"It is our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~ Albus Dumbledore

Saturday, August 20, 2016

FIRST WEEK!

Well our first week is down in the books. I'm exhausted, but it was great.

Here's a run down of what we did:

Reading:
We reviewed Read to Self , Good Fit books, and started building our reading stamina.
We also learned about context clues. I read a book called Henry P. Baloney to the class. Henry uses crazy alien words and we used context clues to determine just what he was saying. Next, students got in partners and created their own made up word. They will put these words into sentences on Monday so the rest of the class can try to figure them out.

Writing:
The students did an opinion and a narrative writing for me. This gives me a snapshot of what they know and can do.

We did two art journal entries. They're like a regular journal entry with a fun twist.

Grammar:
We reviewed nouns this week.

Projects:
This week we just worked to understand the Tribes Agreements and get to know one another through a variety of activities. Next week we will start our first official project.

REMINDERS:

- If you haven't already, be sure to check out our picture tab located on the blog.

- Please return all forms on Monday if you haven't done so. This includes the 'About Your Child' paper, which is something I handed out. I read these papers right away and reference them again as the year progresses and I get to know your child more. It gives me some insight and I truly find the information to be valuable.

-Scrapbook pages are due Monday. Your child picked out a scrapbook paper at school. If they lost it, please use 12x12.