"It is our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~ Albus Dumbledore

Monday, October 10, 2016

Math

Hello 3rd grade families,
Last week in math we continued working on subtraction strategies, focusing on the partial difference strategy. This is most likely not the way you learned how to do subtraction so if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. I made a video explaining how to do this strategy a few years back and cannot find it anywhere so I will be making a new one as soon as I can (probably fall break). If ever your student does not remember how to do their math, please just ask them to show you what they learned in class and if they cannot then let them wait to ask me the next day instead of teaching them something different. Also, if you ever want to ask me face to face to show you anything about common core or Singapore math, just make an appointment and I would love to sit down and go over it with you. The homework for this week will be:
Monday- IXL E.5
Tuesday- IXL E.6
Wednesday- practice math facts
Thursday- practice math facts
Thanks and have a wonderful week!